The Importance Of A Test Strip In The Darkroom
When in the darkroom it is important to create test strips before the print as not to waste paper as it’s fairly expensive.
How To Make A Test Strip
- choose the negative you want to print, then focus the image.
- Cut a smaller piece of paper (not too small), Place under the enlarger (WHEN THE LIGHT IS OFF) shiny side up.
- Set the timer to 2 seconds.
- expose all of the paper for one 2second interval
- then using a piece of card start to cover sections of the paper 2 seconds at a time.
- Put the strip through the chemicals.
- after the strip has been in the fix, wash it in water then place in a dry tray.. take out of the darkroom to decide on the correct exposure for the print, the proceed to making the print.